This year I have 11 weeks of Summer Holiday. 11 WEEKS!!! That’s insane… Anyway, as it’s likely to be the longest break I ever have, I want to make the most of it. Of course, I’d love to be visiting all these exotic overseas locations with my friends but that’s really not realistic 😦
Anyway, I realised that you don’t have to travel overseas to go ‘travelling’. There are plenty of places in the UK I’d like to visit this year and for many of them, I already have trips planned. This summer, I’d like to get more confident at travelling alone. Last July, I went to France by myself and I love it! This year, I’d like to start catching the train down to London alone. Anyway, onto the list!
- Brighton – Ahh, Brighton. The classic ‘Must Visit’ place. Home of more Youtubers then I can count of one hand and also a very photogenic town. It’s been a goal of mine to visit Brighton every since reading the wonderful descriptions in ‘Girl Online’. Since then I’ve been constantly pestering my parents to visit Brighton with me but as my mum grew up in Eastbourne, the next town across (and also very pretty) she doesn’t see why I’m so desperate to visit. I think it would only really be worth the visit if it was nice weather. Good enough for sunbathing on the beach. This is somewhere I haven’t got any plans to visit yet but if you’d like to visit Brighton with me, let me know!
- Bath – I have absolutely no idea why I’m so keen to go to Bath but I think it’s to to with the Roman Baths. In Latin, Bath is a constant feature in our stories and we’ve spent many weeks learning about the baths themselves I just want to actually visit them! I love towns that have historical backgrounds so I can see the remains from the past. Again, apparently it’s very photogenic but only worth visiting on a good day.
- Oxford- Fun Fact: I used to live very near Oxford and yet I can’t remember it at all. I think Oxford is filled with very photogenic places and I just want to spend a day wondering around and taking photos! My ‘friend’ (I call her that but we actually really don’t get on!) loves Oxford and spends so much of her time here. Unfortunately, as Oxford University doesn’t teach veterinary, I won’t be studying at Oxford in the future but I am very interested in it, due to the Cambridge-Oxford boat race.
- Cambridge- The first place I’ve mentioned that I actually have plans of visiting already! I’m going to be visiting Cambridge for basically 3 days in April and I’m very excited. Cambridge is one of my university possibilities and I can’t wait to actually visit it. Obviously the other half of the ‘Boat Race’ and as I’m interested in studying here, maybe someday I’ll end up rowing here?!
- London- I’ve been to London many times before and have lot of plans for more visits for this summer. I do love London although I don’t think I could ever catch the Tube alone, it’s too crowded and everyone’s too grumpy! I really want to spend a day shopping on Oxford Street and just having a general touristy wander around. Isn’t it such a great city? If you stand on opposite sides of the city, it can feel like a whole different world!
- Birmingham- Ah yes. Birmingham. Known for it’s outstanding beauty. Not! I live quite close to Birmingham but I’ve only been shopping there once about 5 years ago. I need to go back because the shops in the city closest to where I live are awful and I have an ‘Urban Outfitters’ gift card I need to spend!
- Liverpool- Possibly a strange choice for some people but it’s another of my Uni possibilities and I think I’m going to like it. My cousin went to University there and loved it (and not just for the alcohol!). I hope I won’t be disappointed but I know it’s not considered a normal tourist destination! Let me know if you’ve visited and what you’d recommend I visit.
I’m sure there are other places I should visit near to me. So many of these trips rely on good weather apart from maybe Birmingham because all the shops are inside! Anyway, I’m looking for a travel mate so let me know!!