I hit 100 followers on here (well actually now I’m over 120 followers) and I’m almost at 100 followers on Bloglovin!! Thank you so much💕
In the last few weeks, I’ve been nominated by a few people to do some tags and so I decided to do them in one post! I have a feeling I’ve either forgotten a nomination or something so do let me know if that’s the case! Anyway, lets get going!
Tag 1- Mystery Blogger Award
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share your link to your best post(s).
I was nominated by Hannah and Erin. Thank you so much! I LOVE being nominated for things because it shows that people think of me as their blogging friend and I’m SO thankful for all of the nominations!
This award was created by Okoto Enigma in order to bring smaller bloggers together and help them get recognised.
Three things about me:
1. I’m 15 and studying for my GCSEs. I’m studying three sciences, maths, English literature (I did English language last year), French, Music, Latin and History.
2. I love food although I’m a very very picky eater! I hate Pizza, ice cream, chips, ketchup, cheese… and the list goes on!
3. My favourite colour is mint/aqua/pastel blue (you know what colour I mean…?!)
My best post:
In my opinion, my best post is ’15 things I noticed in America’ ( THIS
one) or ‘4 things that put me off your blog (THIS
one)! I got the most positive interactions with them and I really enjoyed writing them!
1. What is one thing you’d like to achieve in 2017?
In 2017, I’d like to achieve good grades school wise and to reach 200 followers on my blog. I’d love to do a box swap thing with a blogging friend and collab with a business! Also sports wise, I’d love to do well in a national competition and to continue to work on my fitness. In other areas, I’d love to do 3 or so weeks of work experience and start to decide which university I want to go to!
2. Do you have any blogging advice for new bloggers?
Blogging advice for other people is so difficult as I rely so much on other people’s advice for running my own blog but I’d say, it takes time but just blog until you’re happy. If you’re happy with the content, photos, layout etc so will others (I feel that’s such a generic answer) and therefore people will be more interested than if you just do it for the views. Also promote, promote, promote. I know I need to get better at this as I really don’t do it at all because I don’t want to appear like I’m in it for the views or pushy or whatever but people do realise that you are doing it so that more people see your blog, so don’t hold back. Community is everything. Making friends gets you repeat views. I’m not saying I make blogging friends just for views because I do LOVE getting to know everyone (I’ll probably do a post on my blogging friends soon!) but they will always be the first to view your posts and always be reliable as long as you do them same to them!!
3. For a silly/random one, would you rather be stranded on a desert island on your own or with someone you hate?
Definitely on my own! I much prefer to be on my own then with screechy annoying people (I’m so nice!) I don’t actually mind solitude and I think it would be so much better than being with someone who complains the whole time. My opinions would probably change once I actually got to this island but for now, I’d prefer to be on my own!
4. Your proudest moment of 2016?
I have to say, winning ‘Most Improved Rower’ out of my whole school was definitely up there along with getting an A* in my English Language GCSE! And travelling to France on my own for a week as I’m such a shy person.
5. If you had to live somewhere else in the world, where would it be?
Somewhere warm, I suffer from the cold so badly! I’ve been thinking and as I want to be a vet and I want to be fluent in French, I think maybe the south of France or another French Speaking country. Maybe one in the Caribbean, like the one Death in Paradise is filmed at.
1. What was the last song you listened to?
The Greatest by Sia. This has been a long time favourite of mine (well since it came out) and it just empowers me as cheesy as that sounds!
2. What’s a talent you have people may be surprised about?
I don’t really have a talent, that’ sad… I play the oboe which always surprises people as I’m not particularly musical. And I can make any situation awkward and embarrassing, if that counts as a talent!
3. What’s your favourite TV series – I need a new good one to watch!
I love, Love, LOVE ‘Death in Paradise’ on the BBC. This year’s series has finished now but I always watch it every year not only for the humour, sun and great cinematography but also for the murders! I love murder mysteries although I’ve never read or watch the typical mysteries like those of Agatha Christie but still!
4. Current beauty essential?
Lash Sensational Mascara by Maybelline. Isn’t it everyone’s essential?
5. And the silly one… if you could be an animal for a day, which one would you be and why?
I would be a dolphin, I think. They just seem like they have a great like and they’re so cute! I was lucky enough to see them in America last year and it probably made my year!
1. What country do you most want to visit and why?
2. Describe your perfect breakfast.
3. Guilty pleasure?
4. Pet peeve?
5. For the funny question, what is your favourite joke?
Tag 2- The Blogger Recognition Award
I was nominated for this Tag by ‘The Heart of Me’
. This is one of the bloggers I’ve loved getting to know in the last few months so do check out their blog!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created
How my blog started:
I have started several blogs before this but they never got very far and then this time it just worked. I felt able to keep up my posts and after I made social medias for this blog, there was no turning back. I kept it a secret until YALC just as all my previous blogs had been and then I told my mum who thinks it’s such a good idea! My best friend found out about my blog in September giving me even more motivation to keep up my posts! I have always liked creative writing and writing a blog is just something I’ve always wanted to do!
Advice for new bloggers
I mentioned my tips for new bloggers above so I thought I’d link my favourite blog help posts here.
It’s Everything Erin has some great tips which you can find HERE. And Charley Lucy is great too (find them HERE)! Obviously I wouldn’t be able to run this blog without advice and I find a lot of my information on Pinterest and google! I really recommend Pinterest to find out things especially on photography, getting more views and things like that!
I nominate (for both awards!):
(sorry I can’t think of anyone else in particular to add but do feel free to do these Tags if you haven’t yet!)
I really hope you’ve enjoyed this post! Well done if you’ve got all the way to the end of this post!
I’m planning to do a Q&A in the next few weeks so leave me some questions down below!