6 months today, I will be turning 16. For those of you who are currently struggling to do the maths in their heads, my birthday’s the 9th August. I always celebrate my half birthday. By this I don’t mean balloons and presents and cake and stuff (although cake is always a bonus) but I always remember and say ‘6 months to my birthday’. So here’s your reminder, you have 6 months to buy me a great birthday present! Joking…
Anyway, I decided to do a ’16 things before’ 16 post but obviously as I only have 6 months it’s not going to be massive goals like ‘Climb Mt Everest’! And also at least 2 month of this 6 months are wiped out by Exams so they are small-ish goals!
Anyway, lets get into the list!
- Get my first kiss– My mum has a saying ‘sweet 16 and never been kissed’. I don’t know if it’s a well known saying but I don’t like it because it feels like a criticism. To be honest, I don’t care who it is because it’s not that special but still, I have 6 months to find a wiling participant!
- Dye my hair– I added highlights to my hair a year ago and I love/d them, they’ve sort of gone now but I’d love to add more. Just some lighter blonde highlights is what I want to do, I don’t think I’ll be allowed to dye my hair bright purple or anything!. I’d love longer hair as well but I can’t really magically get longer hair so that’s not ging to happen!
- Learn to do a handstand– This has been a goal of mine since I was 5 or so! I don’t know why I want to do one so badly but I do so this is something I’m going to do. I want to do a proper one, away from the wall and with no one supporting me!
- Look into getting a job– Obviously having my birthday has lots of pros (e.g no school!) but also lots of cons, I won’t be able to get a job until the last few weeks of the holidays. And all my friends will almost be 19 by the time I can drink out…
- Meet a blogging friend in real life– I would love to meet someone and I really hope this summer (because I have 11 weeks off!) I can make it to an event to meet some of you. Do let me know if you find a good event for us to meet at!
- Cry less than 26 times. I might have mentioned it before but I’m quite a cry-baby. This year I’m making a list of all the times I cry and why. At the time of writing I’ve only cried once this year, I’m quite proud! In case you’re wondering why I chose 26, it’s once a week maximum!
- Write a short story. I am a keen writer which is one of the reasons why I chose to start my blog and since then I haven’t had time to write stories as blogging and school have taken up my time so I’d love to write a story even if it’s only very short!
- Go on a no-budget limit shopping spree– This might have to wait until I actually have money but I’d love to walk into a shop and just buy everything I want without having to worry about how much I can afford. I think this is probably everyone’s dream so it might not be achievable!!
- Learn to dance normally (preferable before prom!) I don’t know how I’d describe normal except that it’s not how I dance! Basically I’d like to learn some moves so I don’t have to just stand there like a melon when music I like comes on!
- Try Liz Earle Skin stuff I don’t think it’s a unknown fact that my skin isn’t the best. I’ve struggled with bad skin for almost 5 years now and I’ve tried EVERYTHING apart from Liz Earle stuff so I’d love to check it out. I’ve heard so much great stuff about it!
- Teach my dog to walk on my feet I have 2 dogs, Ferdi and Inca. They’re both Border Collies and very clever. Ferdi in particular picks up dog tricks really quickly and I haven’t taught him a new trick in a while… I don’t know if you know what trick I’m talking about here but basically the dog goes between your legs facing the same direction as you and has their front paws on your feet so that when you walk they also walk. Does that make sense?
- Learn to say ‘I love you ‘ in 16 languages I don’t really know why I want to do this but I feel it would be quite interesting… it was my mum that suggested this idea!
- Hold the plank for 5 minutes I believe that excersize is as much a mental activity as a physical activity and I think even though my core isn’t very strong, as long as I believe that I can do this, I’ll be able to. Last week, I held a wall sit for 5 minutes purely because I was determined to. My previous best for the wall sit is less than a minute!
- Make a new friend This school year, I’ve honestly been so lucky with my friends. I’m really glad that they’re my friends and I’m so thankful that they’ve adopted me as their friend! Im not know for my confidence and really struggle to speak to new people so I think that it’ll be interesting to see if I can make a new friend because that will require me to be confident. I have a lot of opportunities in the next 6 months to make friends so it shouldn’t be THAT hard!!
- Learn to do winged eyeliner I cannot eyeline to save my life! I’ve have a liquid eyeliner which I think is too difficult for me to use and I can’t do it without smudging it all over my face. I’d love to be able to do it!
- Go to a theme park I think that’s what they’re called but you know the places with rollercoaster and stuff. I’ve never been on one, I was going to go for my birthday a few years ago but I didnt realise how expensive it was to take all my friends.
I hope you enjoyed this!
If you know how to say ‘I love you’ in any languages leave them down in the comments!