Another year over, where do they go ta? (Cheeky Sainsbury’s advert quote!)
It’s 2017. Wow! I’m still stuck in the mind-set where 2012 was a big sounding year. 2017 means there’s only 2 years until I leave school which makes me feel old. I’m not ready for responsibility! If you asked almost anyone, I’m sure that they’ll agree and tell you that 2016 wasn’t a good year for the world as a whole. It’s the sort of year GCSE History exams will be written about in many years to come because there’s so much that could be written about. Nothing seemed to go right. It’s like someone just decided we’d been lucky with how well our lives were going in the past few years and it was time to shake them up. A lot. Despite the general Earth shaking events that were happening all year, I know there will be people who agree when I say that 2016 was a good year for me (or them) personally. It was just a year of adventure. I’ve visited new places. Made new friends. Passed Exams. Had fun. 2016 was so busy but somehow I survived and made so many memories which I know I won’t be forgetting about anytime soon.
Now, 2017 is the most important year of my life so far, at least I think so. I don’t think I’ll manage to get through it stress free but I hope to get through it with a smile. 2016 gave me loads to smile about and I want to find things in 2017 , no matter how small to smile about. Before the summer holidays, I wrote a post (HERE) talking about what I was excited for during the holidays, I’m going to do a similar thing now but for 2017 as a whole. I don’t have much planned yet but what I do, I know it’s going to be a very exciting year!
- Prom – If it’s the year for GCSEs, then its also the year of Prom. I’m so excited although obviously not as excited as some of the girls in my year because I haven’t bought my dress yet and they all have!
- After-prom – Where there’s a prom, there’s an after-prom! My school does this on a different night which I think’s good as it spreads the celebrations out! I can’t wait to celebrate the end of the (school) year and say goodbye to those people who won’t be continuing to sixth form.
- Rowing camp– This is the first year I’ve been invited overseas for Rowing camp as normally we go somewhere nearby and I can’t wait to go to France, mainly so I can get a tan. If I come back pale, I will not be happy!
- Boat club dinner– This happens every year at my school and anyone who is part of the boat club is invited but for the last few years, I haven’t been able to go. Last year I was in the middle of my DofE expedition and the year before I was somewhere else. I’m so excited to experience this for the first time especially as it will require a new dress!
- Olly Murs– Me and my Best friend have managed to buy tickets to see Olly in June. Neither of us are die-hard Olly fans like one of the girls in our year but we’re still really excited. It’s the first concert we’ll have been to together and we’re praying for good weather (I’m not just randomly saying this, it’s an outdoor concert although good weather is always appreciated!)
- Sweet 16th parties– This year, so many of my friends are turning 16 and I can’t wait to celebrate with them. I’ve already been invited to one party and It’s only January. That’s so unlike me but long may it continue!
- My Birthday– My Birthday is basically the latest out of everyone in my year. By the time I turn 16, many of my fellow classmates will be about to turn 17. However, I do hope to celebrate somehow, I don’t know how yet but I’ll come up with something!
- Exam leave– This might sound weird but I actually love revising. Well, maybe that’s going to far but it gives me a sense of satisfaction going back over my work from this year so I’m not gunna lie, I’m looking forward to exam leave and trying up the loose ends from this year at school
- GCSE results day– I can’t decide if I’m excited or terrified for this, I suppose I’ll decide after I’ve taken my exams but I am at the same time excited as if I do well, this could be a key day in my life!
- A Family Christmas– I know, I know. It’s only just been Christmas and I’m already thinking about next Christmas… However, we’ve already invited my whole family down for Christmas and if it’s anything like last time (2012) it’s going be amazing!! I just can’t waaaaaiiiitttt!!
- Bigger regattas– For non-rowing people, this probably really doesn’t interest you however, spring brings the bigger races. I just prefer the big races especially as there’s more of them! I do get really nervous before these races but hopefully that’s something I can combat this year!
And that’s basically all I have planned. I hope to get a job but I have nothing planned for that so I won’t write that in!
2017 should be an epic year and I can’t wait to see how it plays out. Better than 2016 hopefully! We’ll have to wait and see…